Re: A question about using YUM

Thanks for your reply. Each time when I try to install some programs ( from source or rpm)  It happended that the package requires another, and then the another requires others package, library... and so on.
Because of that I want to download every lib,rpm or sources ( that appeares on LAN ) to my harddisk and force yum to find and fetch dependencies from the folders. What you said,as I understand,  that I have to  build my own repository. How to do that?

2006/1/13, Paul Howarth <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:
On Thu, 2006-01-12 at 18:01 -0500, Amadeus W. M. wrote:
> On Thu, 12 Jan 2006 23:42:10 +0300, Nguyen Danh Hieu wrote:
>
> > I have every pakages and needed dependencies on local hard disk so I want to
> > make YUM fetch files from the disk, instead of from internet (I have no
> > connection ) What should I do? Could someone tell me plz.
> >
> > --
> > ===================
> > Nguyen Danh Hieu
> >
> > Physics Faculty
> > Moscow State University
>
> yum localinstall /path/to/package.rpm

That'll pull dependencies from the user's configured repos, not from
local files.

What's needed is to create a local repository.

Are the packages you are trying to install from the original Fedora
distribution (in which case you'll be wanting to create your own version
of the [base] repository), or are they other packages you've acquired
from elsewhere (in which case you'll be wanting to set up a new
repository of your own)?

Paul.