Is it possible to rollback with yum like up2date

Dear List,

I have been updating regularly with yum / kyum. This question has been on my mind for a year now when aan update with synaptics broke my system so abdly that I could not boot also.There was a segmentation fault at boot time reported.I finally traced the problem to selinux-policy package update(of course from the official fedora update servers) Interactive booting is difficult to get.

But tracing problems like this without the help of GUI when hundreds of packages are involved is a great pain.I had the help of Suse live cd.

But rolling back gives no clues as to with which package one had the problem.What are the options involved when you update hundreds of packages and one package gives you problem as described.

Thanks,

Parameshwara Bhat