USB access point

I know this is like waving a red flag, but, my downstairs neighbor accesses my
wireless LAN through a Win98 machine connected to a MS USB access point.
Since the .wmf fiasco, he's now convinced it's time to dump Windows and try
Linux. Has anyone succeeded in getting Linux to talk to the USB MS access
point?
--
Claude Jones
Bluemont, VA, USA