NFS and permissions

Hi,

on our NIS Server we have configured a lot of netgroups.

All our Linux machines are in the group "linux-hosts". Some Linux hosts are used by us, why they are in the group "staff-hosts"

On an nfs server, we allow read only access for all linux-hosts and read-write access for root to all staff-hosts.

The staff-hosts can mount the directory from the nfs server read-write (according to the output of the command 'mount'), but trying to create a file as root results in a message like "filesystem is read only". We have of course set the parameter "no_root_squash" on the nfs server.

The affected directory has recently moved from a solaris 8 machine to a redhat enterprise 3.x server. We haven't had this problem with the solaris machine.

Do you know, where to search for a solution?

thanks

Boris