Re: old-school

On Thu, 2006-01-12 at 07:30, Rickey Moore wrote:
>         At 6:41 PM -0700 1/10/06, Craig White wrote:
>
>         There are the unofficial FC4 isos from  , which
>         would save on the updating after installation. They're served
>         via
>         Bittorrent, so if there aren't many using the torrent, they
>         will be slow to
>         download.
> That's good info to stash away in my saved email folder. In the old
> RedHat days, any version numbered with '.0' was to be avoided like the
> plague. <g> Nothing seemed to work out of the box until version number
> '.2' .

There is a similar iso rebuild with a slightly different
purpose at http://k12ltsp.org/download.html.  This project
adds the ability to network-boot thin clients and some
educational programs to an otherwise stock-with-updates
fedora or Centos distribution.  You don't have to install
the extra packages and using these disks saves a lot of
updating.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx