Re: old-school

Tony Nelson <tonynelson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
At 6:41 PM -0700 1/10/06, Craig White wrote:

There are the unofficial FC4 isos from , which
would save on the updating after installation. They're served via
Bittorrent, so if there aren't many using the torrent, they will be slow to
download.
That's good info to stash away in my saved email folder. In the old RedHat days, any version numbered with '.0' was to be avoided like the plague. <g> Nothing seemed to work out of the box until version number '.2' . Owell... I'm BAAACK on the windoz machine, purchasing a router and returning the hub as suggested.
I can get the dynamic IP address from earthlink DSL, but getting DNS ! is being a b*tch. I've even entered their nameserver static IP's into resolv.conf, where all the notices beg you not to edit by hand, well I did it!, and still zip. No resolving. <sigh>

Back to the how to's... it's been a little over 5 years, so I'm relearning much. I used to have to do a route add, manually, I'd like to think just one of the gui's would work out of the box, "hope springs eternal..." Ric

Yahoo! Photos