Re: Ouch!

Ian Malone:
>>> Alternatively they could just revert to 8.3 support for files, it
>>> wouldn't affect usb key applications as windows is handling the file
>>> system then (but it's a blow to interoperability, USB keys wouldn't
>>> work between Win and Mac or Linux).

Tim:
>> They're just a storage medium, so they use what's put on them.  It's up
>> to the computers using them as to how.  We don't have "FAT" hard drives,
>> CDs, etc.  We simply have drive and discs.

Mike McCarty:
> This is untrue. Many discs and pseudo-discs come pre-formatted.

Some do, some don't.  That doesn't mean that they're a FAT disk, it's
just a disk with an obese filesystem on it.  You're, generally, not
prevented from reformatting them, either.

An IDE HDD is not a Windows IDE HDD, it's an IDE HDD that can be used on
a variety of different PCs.  The same goes for floppies, USB disks, etc.

I read messages from the public lists.