Re: FC4 - Creating an Audio-CD?

--- Tim <ignored_mailbox@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Mon, 2006-01-09 at 22:00 +0100, KH wrote:
> > I am running FC4 since a few days and now I want
> to create an Audio-CD.
> > But Xcdroast or whatever else is installed on the
> system does not burn
> > me an Audio-CD.
> > Trying to install Glame fails, because it does not
> recognize cpp and
> > other modules which it requests even so they are
> already installed.
> > Which program should I use or what is requested to
> get Audio-CDs
>
> You haven't mentioned whether you're using Gnome,
> KDE, or something
> else.  I've seen a few KDE recommendations in reply,
> I seem to recall
> that a simple and effective Gnome application is
> "graveman".  But it's
> been a long time since I've had a go at making an
> audio CD.
>
> --
> Don't send private replies to my address, the
> mailbox is ignored.
> I read messages from the public lists.
>
> --

If you are desperate and want a quick solution,
Use the command line tools cdrecord, and cdda2wav
run first cdrecord -scanbus and see which drives are
available, for instance
1,0,0 as an example or use /dev/hdc or /dev/hdd if you
have two drives

To copy an audio cd you may use
# cdda2wav -vall -D=/dev/hdc -B
which will copy all the tracks of a cd to a *.wav file
# cdrecord -v dev=/dev/hdc -dao -useinfo
driveropts=burnproof -audio -eject *.wav

should do the job for you.
cdda2wav
-dao disk at once
-useinfo -use information gathered by cdda2wav *.inf
files
driveropts=burnproof if your cd drive supports it
-audio audio cd
-eject eject the cd when done burning

refer to page
http://cdrecord.berlios.de/old/private/man/README/README.copy