Re: old-school

Robin Laing <Robin.Laing@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Rickey Moore wrote:

If you want software from a different repository, it is as simple as
enabling the repository and getting a list of applications. It is
time for you to do some reading up on yum. It is allot different and
nicer than the old download, install what will install, download the
dependencies and install what will install ......
Sorry, what I failed to mention was that I'm using my roommate's Windoz machine for file dnloads and <shudder> yahoo to get email. He's got DSL, so we just added a network hub, and since Sprint uses pppoe I'm wildly updating to just get the sucker to get the ipadd! ress's and nameservers. Then I'm burning all these updates to CD's and transporting them physically to my Fedora machine, kinda like all at once! <smile> Trouble shooting with a shotgun...

So, that's why I was looking for update instructions for humans to read.  I know I'll just love yum once  I get to the net... I updated KDE to use the new network manager and some pppoe deamons that I found.  Uptodate used to make me crazy.  I do love Linux though, and have great plans for using it.

Thanx for any considerations, Ric

Yahoo! Photos