Re: old-school

Robin Laing <Robin.Laing@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

What was the last version you used?

Read about "yum". From the extras, I have installed yumex as it gives
me a GUI for package admin.

<g> The 'last version' I really used was around RH6 or so...

I'll check out "yum" although the issues since way back when is if you can't get to the internet readily, you are in deep doo doo. Especially if the update you need is there and I find myself not there. <cackles>

I'm looking through bugzilla, and a search on "kstartupconfig' doesn't seem to dig up anything. What I'm looking for is the repository of the briefs that used to be announced saying "Update for foo.rpm is available, and you must install the packages in this order <blah blah>".! Or was that Caldera that did that? <eg>

Thanks for any considerations, Ric

Yahoo! Photos