Re: Mac Mini and Onboard Sound (FC4-ppc)

Sakari Aaltonen wrote:

I just installed Yellow Dog Linux 4.0.1 on a Mac Mini and found
to my disappointment that on-board sound was not supported. Can anyone comment on FC4-ppc with respect to this?
I am using a Mac Mini, running FC4, and have had no problems with the sound. XMMS works like a champ! The contents of my modprobe.conf file is below. It *might* help you with your YDL.

I have seen, in fact, a note *somewhere* to the effect that FC4,
Test 3, does support Mac Mini onboard sound. But how do you tell
which FC4 ISO set is Test 3? I have seen file names like
 FC4-ppc-discX.iso     where X=1,2,3,4
That is, there is no clue which Test, if any, is involved.
Test 3 was the third release candidate of FC4. Since FC4 has been released, Test 3 is no longer available (but the release is! :-) )

Here is the schedule:
http://fedora.redhat.com/About/schedule/

As you can see, Test 3 was obsoleted on 13 June 2005 when the GA became available.

Steve

----- modprobe.conf --------

alias eth0 sungem
alias snd-card-0 snd-powermac
options snd-card-0 index=0
options snd-powermac index=0
remove snd-powermac { /usr/sbin/alsactl store 0 >/dev/null 2>&1 || : ; }; /sbin/modprobe -r --ignore-rem
ove snd-powermac
alias usb-controller ehci-hcd
alias usb-controller1 ohci-hcd
alias ieee1394-controller ohci1394