Re: GNome Un-install?

Hi

Note for example, Firefox, Mozilla, GIMP, system-config-httpd,
system-config-lvm why should gnome be required for these packages to
work.  Granted they are GUI but they could be designed to run without
the gnome desktop system.

John

The packaging listing looks saner than earlier list but the above packages shouldnt be removed. I will initiate a discussion in fedora-devel.

I am unable to reproduce this on Fedora devel tree aka rawhide. Yum groupremove "GNOME Desktop Environment" on a box with Gimp, Firefox and all the system-config-* doesnt list it for removal, only the GNOME specific things. Maybe things have improved from the release you are using.

--
Rahul