Re: FireFox can't get to Google

On 08/01/06, Aad Rijnberg <Aad.Rijnberg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Friday 06 January 2006 21:49, David Godsey wrote:
> > I have been experiencing something very peculiar.  I have installed Fedora
> > Core 4, and when using FireFox or Mozilla there are several sites that I
> > can't visit.  For instance, I can go to http://mannfam.com consistently,
> > however trying to go to http://google.com it will just sit on "Connecting
> > to www.google.com".  This must sound like a network problem, and that is
> > what I thought at first also, however I can get to any website with
> > konqueror with not problems.
> >
> > So it can't be a problem with my DSL throught Qwest, it really has to be
> > how FireFox is working on Fedora.  I have tried it with the firewall and
> > selinux disabled, just to make sure it wan't a problem there (didn't think
> > it would be, but thought I'd check).
> >
> > Does anybody have some ideas to figure this out?  I installed Fedore Core
> > 4 from ISO images I downloaded 2 weeks ago.  Everything else seems to work
> > fine, but not FireFox, and Evolution has problems too.
> >
> > Any help will be appreciated.  Thanks.
> >

> > Accomplishing the impossible means only that the boss will add it to your
> > regular duties.
> >
> > David Godsey
>
> I have the same problem since I moved from my Speedtouch ST330 USB ADSL modem
> to a Etech multi-PC modem connected to my PC via Ethernet. I also don't know
> why this happens. In firefox the google search bar does not work, in
> Konqueror it does. And in firefox under windows the google toolbar also works
> properly. So if anyone has a clue on what causes this problem, please share
> it...
>
> Aad Rijnberg
>
> --

Sounds similar to a recent thread.  Problem is probably that your
router can't handle IPv6 style DNS queries.  Have a search for the
thread I'm talking about.  I think the solution was either turn of
IPv6 on your linux box or upgrade your router firmware and hope it
works.

--
Kind regards,

John Francis