Re: Email-reports from nightly yum updates?

On Fri, 2006-01-06 at 22:42 -0600, Justin Willmert wrote:
> /etc/aliases and find the line that starts 'root:' (it should be the
> last line or so). Replace what is there with your username (or a full
> email address if you want it to be moved to a remote server) and (if I
> remember correctly...) uncomment the line.

Don't forget that does require you to either have your system configured
with a real domain name, or sendmail (or sendmail replacement)
configured to rewrite outgoing messages to have a real domain name.

In most cases, you won't be able to send an e-mail from root@localhost,
or any address with fake domain name, to an ISP's mail account.

I read messages from the public lists.