Re: still with yum and the proxy

adel.essafi wrote:
> I am still trying to configure yum with the proxy. I have setup the http_proxy variable to
> export http_proxy=etudiant:student@xxxxxxxxxxx:8080
> but yum still don t work
> please , can someone how uses a proxy , send me his yum.conf file and this variable value (it is http_proxy ot HTTP_PROXY
> thanks a lot

man yum.conf

Look for the "proxy" settings.

Try putting the lines

proxy=http://192.168.1.1:8080
proxy_username=etudiant
proxy_password=student

into /etc/yum.conf.

(Warning: this is untried. I don't have a proxy that requires
authentication to try this with).

Hope this helps,

James.

--
E-mail address: james | Never ask, "Oh, why were things so much better
@westexe.demon.co.uk  | in the old days?"