Re: Update of Fedora Core 2 to Fedora Core 4 ended abnormally :-(

On Tue, 2005-12-20 at 14:13 +0100, alexander.beck-ratzka wrote:
> On Tuesday 20 December 2005 02:11 pm, Mogens Kjaer wrote:
> > alexander.beck-ratzka wrote:
> >
> > > P.S. The last line is really truncetad...

> > Hm, apparently, it died without flushing the buffers.
> >
> > I don't think you can get anything useful out of this
> > logfile.
> >
> > When the upgrade died, did you have the possibility of
> > switching consoles with Alt-F1, Alt-F2, etc., and check
> > for messages on the other consoles?
> >

> No, all devices have been umounted automatically :-(
>
> Can I force the update process to bring out some more informations?
>
> Alexander

I have one system that has the same behaviour.  It refused to upgrade
from FC2 to FC3 and from FC3 to FC4.  The upgrade just stops, everything
is unmounted and it restarts...that's it.

I finally gave up on trying to upgrade and did a clean install.  That
worked.