Re: unbelievably stupid mistake - i broke /usr/lib need help

Alastair McKinley wrote:
Hi everyone,

I made a really daft mistake and deleted a lot of files in /usr/lib. Im not sure how many I have deleted.

I was trying to delete a linux rootfs on an SD and thought I was in /media/usbdisk/usr/lib, clearly I wasnt. You would think I should know better this is at least the third time I have done something like this.

My laptop is still up and running, can anyone give me any ideas on a way to fix all my broken libraries?

Can yum do it?

Please help me!

Best regards,

Alastair

If rpm is still working.

rpm -Va could be used to give you a list of damaged packages.

In your /var/cache/yum/{repo} you will have the updated rpms that you could re-install many of the damaged packages with.