Re: Having two sound card in a machine

Multiple sound cards, or VGA/AGP, network, TV tuners, modem(?) etc, all should work on PC.
Generally kudzu should take care of new introduced hardware else DIY the hardway or fedora-list-way.
I have two sound cards. On-board one is a 5.1 channel so it consumes all three sound ports (spk/aux/mic) for 6 channels.
So for having a mic, I had to plugin another PCI based sound card. Works well. I use Kmix.
It provides a midi port also, used for gamepad by kids.
It is a different matter that I have difficulty configuring 5.1 channels in Linux, which otherwise works well in dual boot side for kids.

--
Anil Kumar Shrama