Re: Eclipse & Oracle10g-EE

On Sun, 2006-01-01 at 07:44, Tim wrote:

> To object to having to pay for the tools when you want to sell something
> made with them, to others, sounds a bit hypocritical to me.

Why?  Some people want and can afford to give their work away
and some can't.  There is nothing wrong with providing your
customers a better value by letting them use components
freely available to them as well.  The GPL goes out of its
way to prevent this, sometimes as in MySQL's case, to
restrict competition against the owner's own commercial
product.  PostgreSQL, however, has no such restrictions and
is really intended to be used in any way possible. Like
other BSD-style licenses there are no issues with commercial
use.

--
  Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx