Re: e1000 module not loaded at startup

It seems that rc.sysinit finds out which module to load using kmodule
commands output. But it that NETWORK e1000 doesn't get loaded as module:

Maybe defining e1000 explicitly (network="e1000" in rc.sysinit) solves the
problem which I can't risk since it is a remote system:

Below is a snippet from rc.sysinit

echo -n $"Initializing hardware... "

ide=""
scsi=""
network=""
audio=""
other=""
eval `kmodule | while read devtype mod ; do
        case "$devtype" in
                "IDE")  ide="$ide $mod"
                   echo "ide=\"$ide"\";;
                "SCSI") scsi="$scsi $mod"