Re: ATI OpenGL driver only works with an FC4 "everything" installation

Am Freitag, den 30.12.2005, 17:50 -0700 schrieb Stanton Finley:
> I've been doing installation tests on a laptop with onboard ATI
> Technologies Inc ATI Radeon XPRESS 200M 5955 (PCIE) video. I have found
> that when I install the latest driver
> (ati-driver-installer-8.20.8-i386.run) the graphics acceleration feature
> does not take and "fglrxinfo" defaults back to the Mesa drivers *except*
> when I do an "everything" install on FC4. When I install "everything" it
> works and I get the proper message
>
> display: :0.0  screen: 0
> OpenGL vendor string: ATI Technologies Inc.
> OpenGL renderer string: RADEON XPRESS 200M Series SW TCL Generic
> OpenGL version string: 1.3.5519 (X4.3.0-8.20.8)
>

> when I do the "fglrxinfo" command. This happens even if I install kernel-devel and gcc.
>
> I'm thinking there must be some program(s) that I get with the "everything" install that makes it possible to install the ATI driver. If anyone knows what it is please let me know so I can just install that program rather than the "everything" install.

Yeah there is something that needs to be installed -- but I can't
remember what it was. Yum will install it if you use the ati-fglrx
packages from livna; to use those on a clean up2date system just do

# rpm -ivh http://rpm.livna.org/livna-release4.rpm
# yum install kernel-module-fglrx-$(uname -r)

You can also download the rpm from livna and and try to install it on a
clean system directly with rpm -- it will tell you what deps are missing
and probably are needed by the package from ati, too.

HTH

CU
thl

--