Re: FC4 Pine replacement?

Les Mikesell wrote:
When one only has ssh access to a machine and no local Xserver, a console based MUA is handy :)

Yes but it would be even better to set up an IMAP server on
the machine and let your local MUA display it as another
folder.  You can probably tunnel that through ssh if you
can't set up direct imap-over-ssl.

Agreed. But there are many times I find myself in an internet cafe where that's not viable - this is the only time i use pine, but it is invaluable then.

If the machine wasn't behind a firewall which prevented it (and isn't in my control), I would set up an imap server on the machine together with a web server and webmail application (squirrelmail or similar) for remote mail access.