Re: GNome Un-install?

Hey

Sorry, I dont have the yum output now, cause this happened a long time ago... But it removed everything, I had to re-install FC4 to get any access to my pc, because when the yum was done with the pc, all I could do was log-in to a console :$

I will try to simulate the removal again and find the yum output to list here

On 12/30/05, Jonathan Underwood < j.underwood@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Ali Helmy wrote:
> I did the ($ yum groupremove "GNOME...etc) command, but it also
> removed some weird stuff along... it removed for example,
> openoffice.org writer, kdeadmin, openoffice.org langpacks and
> others...
>
> why the hell did that happen?

Some of those must have had (correctly or erroneously) dependencies on
GNOME libraries. It would be useful if you could post the output of yum,
or the list of packages that were removed (you could look in
/var/log/yum.log). It may even be a bug in the yum dependency resolver.
But without the details, it's impossible to tell. If you have the
information, it would be very useful to packagers though.