Re: Backing up data to span multiple CDs K3B 0.11.23 cd-record 1.2? Fedora 4 kernel 2.6.12 – reposted from September

On Fri, 2005-12-30 at 09:42 +0800, John Summerfied wrote:
> Mike McCarty wrote:
> > Clive at Rational wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >>   Is it possible to use K3B to back up data that is
> >> over 700MB in size so that it spans multiple backup
> >> CDs? I remember zip used to be able to span backups
> >> across multiple floppy disks.
> >

> > Umm, PKZIP can do that. If that's what you really
> > want, then you can try running DOSBOX or DOSEMU.
> >
> > Another possibility is zip + zipsplit.
> >
> > Mike

Mondorescue is a great tool for doing backups of specified size (CD,
DVD, Tape, etc.).

http://mondorescue.berlios.de/ is the current site for downloads.
http://www.mondorescue.org/ was the original site and has some
information on it.