Re: Why questions don't get answered, or "No, I've already RTFM, tell me the answer!"

> From: "Kam Leo" <kam.leo@xxxxxxxxx>

>>> yes. This is very true. And bear in mind that perhaps as much/as less as
>>> 50% of people in this list actually do take the time to solve the issues
>>> for you. They're not support staff but they do it out of wanting to
>>> help.
>>>
>>> The manner in this the question is asked is also pertinent to getting
>>> some answers. eg: They would have liked for the OP to at least have
>>> researched the question by themselves (no spoon feed) with a min of
>>> google (though of course the sequence/choice of search parameters will
>>> make/break the query) and perhaps some archive searching. (eg: like me,
>>> I have like 2 years worth of List archive which I consult before
>>> shooting an email to the list. That and the fact that I don't have I-net
>>> access at work, (only email ), so I make that clear as well.)
>>>

>>> That's my 2 cents.
>>>

>> Much of this bashing would be alleviated if Red Hat, a publically held
>> and for-profit company, put some real effort into incorporating a
>> decent search engine for the archives.
>
> Rumor has it that Google will search into the archives. Experience
> bears out the rumors. (People who can tolerate Bugzilla also cite
> using Google as a surrogate search engine for Bugzilla. That might
> make that horrid, ugly, annoying tool (I'm being kind) almost
> bearable, too.)

Would you please give an example of a Google search through this list's
archives?