Re: Why questions don't get answered, or "No, I've already RTFM, tell me the answer!"

From: "Charles Howse" <chowse@xxxxxxxxxxx>

I'd like to start a calm, respectful, reasonable discussion of the reasons
that we tell people to RTFM, or reasons that people don't get their
questions answered on mailing lists and usenet groups.

I'm not complaining about anything or anybody, just wanting to start some
discussion which might lead to more answers and less 'noise'.

When someone says "RTFM" it behooves them to point out which M contains
the good data.

{^_-}