From:   fedora-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx on behalf of Dotan Cohen
Sent:   Tue 12/27/2005 9:03 AM
To:     For users of Fedora Core releases
Subject:        Firefox for Fedora

I want to install Firefox 1.5 but Yum does not provide it. So I looked
for rpms on the net and found a few for Fedora, but none are in
Hebrew. Before I install from the oficial tarball, I have some
concerns that I would like some input on:
1) If I install from the tarball, yum will no longer update Firefox.
Can I tell yum to maintain it anyway?
2) I did locate and found that most ff files are in
/usr/lib/firefox-1.0.7/ . Can I just unpack the new 1.5 tarball in
/usr/lib/firefox-1.5/ and have them live side by side?
3) I currently can type the command "firefox" in the command line to
start Firefox. Will this change to start 1.5 if I install them side by
side? If not, how do I correct it?

Thank you.

Dotan Cohen

Thanks. Firefox 1.5 had no problems installing next to it's older
version. I will update the launchers and keep the old FF in there.
This was easier than I thought!

Dotan Cohen
http://technology-sleuth.com/short_answer/why_are_internet_greeting_cards_dangerous.html
*