Re: How to push dns domain search order out to Windoze workstations

On 28/12/05, Tim <ignored_mailbox@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> That doesn't seem to make sense to me, as something to do with your DHCP
> server configuration.  It tells the PC what it's domain name is, amongst
> other details.  If the PC has to deal with other domains, as well, I'd
> say that's a client configuration issue.

DHCP: Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol.

DHCP handles many client configuration issues, that is what it does.

On the domain search order issue, there isn't a standard configuration
parameter or option that I know of which supports this.  The solution
to your problem may lie in your DNS servers configuration.

--
Kind regards,

John Francis