Re: CUPS - from second FC box - RESOLVED

Got it fixed.  Thanks to all who responded.

Bob

Thomas Taylor wrote:
On Saturday 24 December 2005 01:24, Tim wrote:

On Fri, 2005-12-23 at 21:15 -0600, Bob Hartung wrote:

I have FC4 up and running with cupsd running.  A printer is installed
and I have added the line 'Allow From 192.168.14.*' just in front of
the <location /> section marker of the cupsd.conf file in /etc/cups
and restarted cups successfully.

I'm not sure if you can do IP wildcarding in that style, the example
template in the configuration file is a bit vague (using nnn.* etc.),
although one example (nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn/nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn) does look like
they're talking about numerical IP addresses rather than named addresses
(DNS), it doesn't explicitly detail what they mean.  There are other
ways of mentioning address ranges, or interfaces, as shown in the
example configuration file, that may be more practical.

The other thing that springs to mind is that you've said you've done it
just in front of the <Location /> marker.  Do you really mean inside of
it?

Mine looks like:

<Location />
Order Deny,Allow
Deny From All
Allow From 127.0.0.1
Allow From @LOCAL
</Location>

You also need to do something similar with the Listen directive.
There's no point allowing connections from your LAN if CUPS isn't
listening for connections from it.

I read messages from the public lists.

You should probably try using 192.168.14.0/24 instead of the wildcard also.

Tom