Re: Pentium-D Processors?

Hi...

Every non-SMP kernel that I have tried has worked just fine.  Every SMP kernel that I have tried has exhibited the exact same behavior - the boot freezes as I described.  I've also tried two different Pentium-D chips - one 2.0 Ghz, and one 2.4 Ghz, and I still get the same problem.

I'm stumped...

Jamie

On Dec 24, 2005, at 7:08 PM, Hoffmann wrote:

Gilboa Davara <gilboad@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Fri, 2005-12-23 at 05:25 -0500, Jamie C. Pole wrote:
> Hi all...
>
> Has anyone gotten an SMP kernel to work with a Pentium-D (Dual Core)
> processor?
>
> It should work - in theory - but I haven't been able to get very far
> with any of the kernels I have tried.

> Thanks...
>
> Jamie

In general it should work out of the box.
What seems to be the problem?
Kernel OOPs?

Gilboa

Hello Jamie,

I also have a computer with Pentium D processor running. Moreover, I have ne! ver had any problem in using the FC4-SMP kernel. That is my default kernel.
Are you having problem in using the non SMP kernel too?

Hoffmann

Yahoo! Photos