Re: tftp server problem

David L. Gehrt wrote:

here are  two things here.  Tftpd  and ftpd daemons  listen on different
ports  and are different  things altogether.   More importantly  tftp is
really insecure  and should be avoided  if possible.  If  avoiding it is
not possible access  to the daemon should be  restricted to the smallest
and most trustworthy  set of client systems.  Offhand I  can think if no
real use for tftp.  A long time  ago we had to have a tftpd available to
allow Xterms to download their boot image it was worrisome.

Offhand, I can think of at least one. Grandstream GXP2000 Voip phones do their firmware updates through tftp, and only tftp.

Steve