dhclient-3.0.2-26.FC4 broken ?

Hi List,

Since the latest update I do not get a default gateway via dhcp
in our companies network. Found out that dhclient-script
in dhclient-3.0.2-26.FC4 rejects to set our default route.
10.0.255.254

The following statement is responsible:

<snip>

               for router in $new_routers; do
if [ -z "$router" ] || [ `IFS=. ip2num $router` -le 0 ] || [[ $router = *255* ]] || [[ "${default_routers[@]}" == *"$router"* ]]; then
                       continue;
                   fi;
                   default_routers=(${default_routers[@]} $router)
                   add_default_gateway $router $metric;
                   let i=i+1;
                   metric=$i;
               done

</snip>

The add_default_gateway function is never called whenever there is a 255 within the ip of the default route as reported by the DHCP server, which is the case in our companies
network.
Is this a bug or is there a convention which forbits the *255* gateway address ?

Thanks

Sebastian

--
Dr. Sebastian Kloska