Re: Help with Network

--- Ali Helmy <alihelmy@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> I just installed FC4 on my laptop and it is running
> quite well, however, i
> cannot seem to configure a network or internet
> connection correctly...
>
> I have a DSL connection, which i connect directly to
> through a network
> router & switch by a network cable... The rest of
> the pcs on the network are
> most probably running WindowsXP, and there is a DHCP
> server that auto
> assigns IPs...
>
> Can someone please walk me through the steps i need
> to do in order to make
> my laptop access the internet through this network
> cable?
>
> Thank you

First, there are people smarter than me on this list
that can easily help. In the meantime, There is a
gnome Network app which can manage network
connections. You can set dhcp or static info using
that tool. For better information or how to do it in a
console, you'll have to wait for someone else to
response.
also, try "man dhclient"

what about your wifi card? is that working?
ndiswrapper has worked well for me.

Shin zen ni rei
-j
Registered Linux user number 403109