Help with Network

Hey all,

I just installed FC4 on my laptop and it is running quite well, however, i cannot seem to configure a network or internet connection correctly...

I have a DSL connection, which i connect directly to through a network router & switch by a network cable... The rest of the pcs on the network are most probably running WindowsXP, and there is a DHCP server that auto assigns IPs...

Can someone please walk me through the steps i need to do in order to make my laptop access the internet through this network cable?

Thank you

--
A. Helmy