Re: Fwd: FYI: slmodemd working in FC4 kernel 2.6.14-1.1653_FC4

Thank You,Antonio,

Your script sent in the FML has worked for me, but not until I created device nodes under /etc/udev/devices.

The 'make install' step creates these nodes under /dev/ which get deleted during booting and that kills slmodemd started by the init script.(Or maybe,the route that I took was responsible)

So, in the source package, the makefile needs a change to create these nodes under '/etc/udev/devices' after checking for udev subsys presence in the system. Could you please include this in your suggestion to linmodem ML as I am not a member there.

I have made a request in the bugzilla@livna to build rpm packages from source for every release of kernel as it will be available for all Fedora users.They already have slmodem-alsa.

Best Regards and thanks all who helped.

Parameshwara Bhat