Re: WebTrends replacement

Claude Jones wrote:
On Saturday 17 December 2005 11:20, Steven Stern wrote:

Claude Jones wrote:

A previous employee had purchased WebTrends to monitor our Website with.
I now inherit this task, and I'm wondering if there's an open source
alternative that people like. They're hitting us for a $1300 support
renewal, and I'm not convinced its really needed. I'm looking at the
various projects out there, but is there anyone familiar with WebTrends
and the oss alternatives who has some observations they could share on
the subject?  FWIW, our website is hosted on an IIS server.

Have you looked at awstats?  No one was using the advanced features of
webtrens for our sites. I replaced it with awstats and they're happy
with it.

Yes, I've just spent an hour reading through their site. Are you running it on Windows or Linux boxes? Can you tell me which advanced features you decided you could live without?

There was a whole bunch of stuff that tracked paths through the site and time on individual pages. They're mainly interested in hits and visitors and search query terms.

It's very easy to install.  You might give it a shot.

--

  Steve