router metrics

I am looking a way to determine how much CPU / memory utilization I will need for a machine that I am using for a router. I am planning on routing about 10 Mb of traffic through this box and I would like to use some type of bandwidth monitor. On it as well. I know my question is kind of vague, however my question may be better phrased this way. how do I determine how much CPU/memory is used when I am only routing traffic. My intention is to use FC4 and iptables for my routing. Does any one know what kind of information I am looking for.

Thanks in advance

Steven Lamb