HP DeskJet 870C Toolbox Missing Features...

I have an HP DeskJet 870Cse which I have used on a Windows
machine, now on my Linux machine. I miss a few features of
the HP Toolbox present on the Windows machine, and wonder
whether they be available. The ones I miss most are
cartridge alignment, head clean, and communication test.

I've used apropos, GNOME help, and Google. Google found some
semi-hits, the best one looks like HPLIP. I used the link
there to http://hpinkjet.sourceforge.net/, but was unable
to find a distribution specifically for Fedora. The support
I found for Fedora was HPIJS, which I have already installed.
Further searching of sourceforge led to the HPLIP 0.9.7
release in source form.

My questions are:

Is HPLIP the best bet for these functions? If not, what?
If so, does HPLIP support the features I specifically asked about?
If so, is there an rpm for the install on FC2?
If so, may I use yum to do the install? What repository?
If this is not the proper install, then what is? Source?

Thanks very much for your time.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.