Re: second ethernet

From: "Jeff Vian" <jvian10@xxxxxxxxxxx>

From: "Jeffrey Ross" <jeff@xxxxxxxxxx>

So far as I know you can keep going as far as you want. The problem
becomes generating a distinguishing feature for the cards.

Even if otherwise identical all cards have one unique attribute.  the
MAC address.

Jeff, I lost my faith in that one about 3 or 4 years ago when I picked
up a CHEAP NIC that had a duplicate MAC address to another very cheap
NIC I'd purchased about a year before. Now I tend to look for that as
a potential problem when the network hoses upon adding something new
to it.

By the way, I was UTTERLY astounded and uttered some of the choicest
un-lady-like language I know for about 10 minutes straight. I mean that
language was even worse than I meted out to the 3COM cards of that
vintage.

{o.o}