Re: Updating Open Office

Andrew Wood wrote:
Dear all,

I'm using FC4. I recently ran up2date and noticed an update of Open Office 2.0 to 2.0.1, which seemed like good news. But once I selected this then up2date insisted that the many, many language packs wre also downloaded. This is odd since I don't remembering asking for them in the first place.

Any suggestions as to how I could stop the language packs from being downloaded/installed?

Which language packs do you have installed?

$ rpm -qa openoffice\*

Is it trying to do any that are not on that list?

If not, remove the ones you already have installed that you don't want, and then up2date won't try updating them.

Paul.