Re: question about ASUS motherboard [SOLVED]

David Niemi a écrit :
On Fri, 2005-12-09 at 08:53 +0100, François Patte wrote:

Bonjour,

I'd like to know if the motherboard: ASUS P5WD2 Premium is supported by FC4. I have a Intel pentium D 830 on it.

I tried to boot FC4, but:

1- I got only the "text" and no fedora logo

2- When I press "Enter", the kernel begins to load but the process stops in a few seconds and I come back to the ASUS splash screen.

Thanks for any help (maybe quick: I have only a little time to change things...)

François:
Try entering a little gibberish (like jdfjfhf) from the prompt and
hitting enter.  You will get an error about kernel jdfjfhf not found.
Then hit enter again and it may run.

It run!!!!!!  Who can explain this?

I could install (after understanding that my computer had a 64 bit architecture... I was using the wrong distro. But the "jdfjfhf" trick was necessary too.

Thanks a lot!

--
François Patte
UFR de mathématiques et informatique