Moving HD from boxen A to boxen B

I'm trying to help a friend (remotely) move a working FC4 installation to a new boxen due to memory limitations on the old machine. My friends computer knowledge is practically nil. He does follow instructions rather well, otherwise I wouldn't attempt this.

I know when we move it and bring it up (after of course configuring the BIOS) we will encounter some challenges.

Primarily, numerous warnings from Kudzu about NICs, video card, maybe motherboard, etc.

Questions:

1) is it better to tell Kudzu to forget the old configurations and use the new configurations? I would like a path to get back to the old machine should the move to the new machine prove to be too much of a challenge for him.

2) assuming X does not work due to the new video card, how is the best way to overcome this?

3) anything else that I might be overlooking ?

Thanks,
Mike

--

 IBM: Idiots Being Mental
  01:20:02 up 20:13,  5 users,  load average: 0.70, 0.42, 0.30

 Linux Registered User #241685  http://counter.li.org