Re: Security hole

On Fri, 2005-12-09 at 13:58 +0000, Paul Smith wrote:
> Dear All
>
> I have noticed that from SLAX liveCD, one has total and free access to
> the home partition of all Linux (Fedora) accounts in the hard-disk of
> the computer. In this way, with a SLAX disk, everyone can spy all
> accounts in the hard-disk. How can this be prevented?

If someone has physical access to your machine, they own your machine.
Period.  If they can boot off a CD, they own your machine.

You can do some stuff like make it so your computer won't boot off CD,
and then password protect the BIOS.  That comes closer.  But if someone
can lay hands on your machine, all they need to do is pop the drive and
they own your data.

TC