My first GTK program

Hello

I'm starting my first GTK programming and I need some guidance.

I've searching in Google little help, but I haven't found any
full-filling guides yet to help me in this little project. Some kind of
help I've found, but I'm sure that there is more and better helps with
working examples.

Also I'm trying to finding some useful commands to build a system wide
program with functions like getenv() and system().

What else I should to noticed before I start this kind of project?

Any help is welcome.

Regards,
Jarkko Elfving