Re: yum "what you can" option?

At 10:57 AM -0700 12/8/05, Paul Lemmons wrote:
>I came up with a very similar solution.  It is taking forever, though,
>because it has to go out and download the repository headers every time.
>I tried using "yum makecache" and then "yum -C -y ..." in hopes that it
>would get header information from the cache but it seems that the "-C"
>expects both the header AND rpm to be cached. I could not find an option
>to download the rpms with the headers so am a bit confused as to the
>value of "makecache".

The yum cache is all about the headers, not the RPMs.  You may be getting
different mirrors each time, but even in that case, only the
updates-released and maybe the extras repos would download anything; base
should not download as it never changes.  You might wish to choose a
particular mirror and not use the mirrorlist in your yum.conf.d for this
task.