RE: Problem with Compaq system

Tim:
> On one of my older systems I had to put a reboot=b argument into the
> kernel line in GRUB to fix that problem.  You might have to do something
> similar.
>
> See:  /usr/share/doc/kernel-doc-*/Documentation/X86_64/boot_options.txt

Eric:
> It does not seem that I am able to find the folder you are referring to.
> I have traveled through MC to try to get to a similar folder. I am
> assuming that the "*" character indicates the version number of the
> kernel that I am running or something to that effect.

Yes.  You haven't installed the kernel documents.  You don't need to,
but they're useful to have, especially if you're having trouble.  You
can install through YUM.

This ought to do it:  yum install kernel-doc

---- snippet from that document about rebooting ----

   reboot=b[ios] | t[riple] | k[bd] [, [w]arm | [c]old]
   bios   Use the CPU reboto vector for warm reset
   warm   Don't set the cold reboot flag
   cold   Set the cold reboot flag
   triple Force a triple fault (init)
   kbd    Use the keyboard controller. cold reset (default)

   Using warm reset will be much faster especially on big memory
   systems because the BIOS will not go through the memory check.
   Disadvantage is that not all hardware will be completely reinitialized
   on reboot so there may be boot problems on some systems.

   reboot=force

   Don't stop other CPUs on reboot. This can make reboot more reliable
   in some cases.

---- end snippet from that document ----

I read messages from the public lists.