Problem with Compaq system

Title: Problem with Compaq system

I am running Fedora code 4
My problem with the Compaq is that if I send the system an INIT 6 or Reboot message the system will go down but not come back up it just sits there after it has shut down.

I know that this used to be a problem with windows 95 and 98 and that it had to do with Advanced power management system or something to that effect.

When I started looking into the problem with fedora I have been coming across many messages and issues with ACPI. I have tried many solutions from changing my boot loader to changing my reboot commands, even added a third party reboot command… Nothing has been working so now I turn to the experts.

What can I do to rectify this problem.
This only seems to happen on my two Compaq systems. I have another System that is running fine and I can reboot it normally.

Any help world be appreciated.
Regards

Eric