Re: Logwatch question

On Thu November 24 2005 2:41 pm, Andy Pieters wrote:
> Hi list
>
> I have been examening logwatch configuration, man pages, and the
> logwatch.pl file and discovered that the output can be any of mail, html,
> html-embed, or unformatted.
>
> Looking at the code it seems that you can either have it mailed to you, or
> choose any of the other formats, but those apply only to STDOUT.
>
> Does anyone know how to combine the mail and html format so that it mails
> reports in html?
>
> With kind regards

In /etc/logwatch/conf/override.conf
I have the following:

# Configuration overrides for specific logfiles/services may be placed here.
logwatch: mailto = ######@gmail.com
logwatch: output = html-embed

Works well...this is assuming you're running the latest version of Logwatch,
which changed things.
--
Claude Jones
Bluemont, VA, USA