Re: tightening ssh

Trevor "TeC" Christian wrote:

I too am interested in finding other ways to protect rather than defend.

I changed from the standard port 22 to another one. Haven't been attacked since and that was many months ago.

Just choose any port. Be sure to change the config file for your clients, too. Or, just do:

ssh -p XXX

where XXX is the new port when you connect.

Take care,

Kurt Hansen
khansen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx