Granting su rights to users? Using PAM and Kerberos...

Hmm..  I enabled Kerberos and setup pam files to use kerberos
authenications, and I also added root principal (root@REALM) but
I am still being prevented as a normal user to use 'su'

I have been all over google and tried to find a solution but there
was none to be found.  I did see for BSD that you can use the
kdb_edit command to add per user , root permissions but I think
that is for Kerberos IV only.

I am beginning to wonder if kerberos is even worth it anymore or
if it is being replaced with something else like the Directory Service?
No one seems to be talking much about kerberos in this newsgroup
so it seems.

Anyway - can someone please shed some light here so that
I can at least su root as a normal user?

Kind regards,
Dan Thurman